Re: OT, Re: Which softwares to install ?

John,

I quoted from this email lists description page Debian -- Debian-Accessibility which in your response you did not quote even though it was in my email.

Additionally, I went to the list archive and searched to see what Samuel said was true.

Here's what I posted that you didn't quote which is directly from the Debian -- Debian-Accessibility page:

Additionally, it is used to coordinate development efforts around the various topics of Accessibility.

Project goals
Bring authors of different projects with similar goals together.

It's even one of the Project goals of this list.

Didier's comment was DIRECTLY related to the topic to which he replied. It wasn't off topic at all, it was directly ON TOPIC.

Le 18/07/2022 à 00:47, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> I guess he means the lightdm login page?  Normally if the system was
> installed with speech/braille enabled, orca is enabled on the login page
> as well. Otherwise IIRC lightdm has a shortcut to start orca.

Correct, but probably it depends on the greeter in use.
For the GTK greeter it's F4
I just uploaded an ISO with it, for who has some time to kill:

Didier illustrates the GTK greeter, which is F4.

That's all.

The recent emails by list administration stand in stark contrast to the stated project goals of this list and are antagonistic to those goals and to the list members who are here to get information about accessibility including that which comes from this lists stated project goals, "
Bring authors of different projects with similar goals together.

If it were Off-Topic, he might have put OT but since it was exactly on what was discussed, it wasn't.

However a scathing public rebuke of a list member DEFINITELY off topic. I notice this wasn't done by you, it's not even about accessibility, it's just a public rebuke for a list member who followed normal list etiquette and followed the stated Project Goals.

I'm ashamed of the behavior of the administrators of this list. I believe since the rebuke was public, the apology should be also.

Here is a search of this group for "Slint" - you will see that the public rebuke has more entries that recent mentions of Slint, none of which are repeats of any alleged "self promotion" but the continuation of the public rebuke is certainly an exercise in "self justification" which I personally find to be disgusting and degrading behavior for anyone, much less list administrators, who carefully alter the "breadcrumbs" of messages to justify their egregious behavior.

Regards,

David Ring

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022, 11:38 AM john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
On 7/18/2022 5:06 PM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
> There are places on the Internet where it says that since Debian is the
> premier accessible distribution, the debian-accessibility list is the
> default location to access accessibility information.

Assuming that this is the case, this is a Debian accessibility mailing
list as indicated in the e-mail addr.

If this person 'Didier Spaier' want to promote himself, he should at
least stop hijacking threads and use 'OT' in the subject line.

--
John Doe