Re: How to silence yasr ?

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 04:16:24PM +1000, Jason White wrote:
> pj@pjb.com.au <pj@pjb.com.au> wrote:
>
> > But supposing I have a program which does its own talking,
> > is there a way it can silence yasr programatically ?
> >
> > (I.e. corresponding to
> >   echo 7 > /sys/accessibility/speakup/silent
> >  in speakup ?
> > )
>
> No. I think you'll have to use Speakup for that, unless you try something
> rather complicated by attempting to simulate a key press/release somehow.

imho doing this isn't a particularly good idea, because it seems
some what rude to reach into the users screen reader config and change it
without  them asking for it, and it seems like a sub optimal design for
$application to know about all the screen readers out there and have
special code to try and make each of them be quiet.

Trev