Re: Installing Debian from Usb-stick with brltty-suport

Jason White, le Wed 22 Dec 2010 11:22:55 +1100, a écrit :
> Viktor Kratz <viktorkratz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,     i tried to install Debian from Usb-stick with first using
> > the Boot.img-image in the hd-media-directory. After boot with the
> > stick brltty starts but some seconds later it displays only screen
> > not in text mode (i tried to press enter to start the normal
> > installation but nothing happens).
>
> I think you've just run into this bug:
> which as you can see hasn't been resolved.

Err, yes and no: the brltty script automatically disables bterm.

> My advice: boot into GRML and use that to install Debian with BRLTTY.
> (http://www.grml.org/ and see the GRML wiki for BRLTTY instructions.)

Please no: let's just fix the real issues rather than circumvent them,
because else the issues will never be fixed and users will never be
happy and will just continue saying that Debian is not accessible.

The USB stick way is really supposed to just work with brltty like all
other ways of installing Debian.