Re: Activation of Speech Dispatcher under squeeze

Kenny Hitt <kenny@hittsjunk.net> wrote:
> Not until you just asked.  Spd-say doesn't produce any error or any speech output.  It just returns
> to the prompt.  Nothing in ~/.speech-dispatcher/log/speech-dispatcher.log except
>
> [Wed Sep 29 19:48:01 2010 : 404911] speechd:   Connection closed

Try killall speech-dispatcher and then start your X session to load Orca.

I need to test this further, but it seems that if speech-dispatcher is loaded
by Orca and then I log out of the X session, spd-say cannot connect to the
speech-dispatcher instance which is still running under my user id.