Re: stack smashing detected

Hi Michael,

On 2/8/23 8:41 PM, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Following the 040 code a bit further, I suspect that happens in the 040
> writeback handler, so this may be a red herring.
>
>> I'll try and log such accesses caught by exception tables on 030 to see
>> if they are rare enough to allow adding a kernel log message...
>
> Looks like this kind of event is rare enough to not trigger in a normal
> boot on my 030.

Have you seen the error using my modified config file? Perhaps I'm not
including something that's causing (or revealing) the problem.

> Please give the attached patch a try so we can confirm
> (or rule out) that user space access faults from kernel mode are to
> blame for your stack smashes.

With "0001-m68k-debug-exception-handling-data-faults-on-030.patch",

Kernel                 Stack-Smashing
6.2.0-rc7 (no patch)      4, 3, 3     (from earlier test)
6.2.0-rc7 (new patch)     6, 2, 0

The earlier patch is not applied. Serial console log is attached.

thanks

-Stan