RE: hd-media initrd not working on Amiga

From: Johny Five <koxman@gmail.com>
Sent: lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2021 0:46
> Fire up the amiboot
> During the setup there will be error as CD-ROM not detected.
> Load CD-ROM drivers from removable media - YES
> Manually select a CD-ROM module and device - YES
> Module needed for accessing the CD-ROM: none
> Device file for accessing the CD-ROM: /dev/hda2

I finally made xstreamtodev work and I tried the method, but I didn't get far. I followed the steps with the latest snapshot, 2021-09-23 and...

[OK] Fire up the amiboot
[OK] During the setup there will be error as CD-ROM not detected.
[OK] Load CD-ROM drivers from removable media - YES
[No option offered] Manually select a CD-ROM module and device - YES

After answering YES to "Load CD-ROM drivers from removable media", d-i automatically tries to mount my hard disk partition without success and after that it shows the d-i main menu. I guess I will have to wait to hd-media. Thanks for the tip anyway!

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator |
http://www.hispamsx.org/ | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org/ |
https://calnus.com