Re: Seeking Mac testers, was Re: Linux Mac68k v4.1.39 test kernel build is available

Am 20.03.2017 um 01:52 schrieb Finn Thain:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2017, I wrote:
>
>> I've just uploaded a new kernel build to the Linux Mac68k sourceforge
>> project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-mac68k/files/
>>
>> This build has some patches for the mac_scsi and egret drivers that were
>> backported from mainline v4.11-rc1. For machines that need those drivers
>> (LC III etc.) this build should work better than previous releases.
>> Please let me know if you encounter any regressions.
>>
>> AFAIK, no Macs should need v2.x unless they need the SMC9194 Nubus
>> network card driver. For some reason that driver only appeared in the
>> v2.2 branch in the mac68k CVS and never in mainline Linux. It isn't
>> likely to get a modern rewrite any time soon so I recommend replacing
>> those cards and running v4.x on any 68k Mac.
>>

> I've uploaded a second test kernel build. This one includes my patch queue
> https://github.com/fthain/linux/commits/mac68k-queue
>
> Apart from these 28 patches this build is exactly the same as the build on
> sourceforge described above. It can be downloaded here,
>
> https://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/mac68k-queue/vmlinux-4.1.39-mac_scsi-egret-etc+
> https://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/mac68k-queue/linux-m68k-image-4.1.39-mac_scsi-egret-etc+.tar.gz

Hi there,

we tested this kernel today on a Performa 450 (aka LC3)
ADB works nice, dmesg shows that the kernel detected our
network card (Nubus Slot E, Mac LC Ethernet Adapter, Board_ID 0x2e)
Its an "Asante" card, but ifconfig shows only loopback device.

The modules had been unpacked beforehand.
Is this expected behaviour?

Best regards,
Stefan & Carsten