HEADS-UP! Kernel Metapackage name change

Files:
 f478f4f2e09ca10d0a1b9f30d70116fa 5504 kernel extra linux-image-m68k_3.10+51_m68k.deb
 a4d56a4e6e939a3f6000c1a346dc1274 4482 kernel extra linux-headers-m68k_3.10+51_m68k.deb

These replace the former packages:

linux-{image,headers}-{amiga,atari,bvme6000,mac,mvme147,mvme16x}

These depend on Kernel ABI 3.10-2 at the moment, which I uploaded
to unreleased earlier which means that it’ll be available once
the 2013-08-10 00:02 UTC mini-dak archive run completes.

I’ll upload a new set of packages to unreleased ¾ of a day later,
but they will be using the same ABI so it’s safe to either update
now or later or both. (Difference will be only div64.h code used.)

The new flavourless kernel images should boot on all six of the
already mentioned platforms plus apollo and q40 but currently,
only amiga (bare metal, thanks ij!) and atari (ARAnyM) are tested.
Additionally I cannot even state anything about the scope of
supported hardware, but /boot/config-3.10-2-m68k inside the
linux-image-3.10-2-m68k_3.10.5-1+m68k.1_m68k.deb is a good first
place to look for those. (Patches welcome.)

d-i will not work. While I begun changing the d-i parts of the
kernel source package, that’s mostly for it to not FTBFS and be
testable; I asked Wouter to look further, later. (Maybe Debcamp
can help – maybe some other debian-boot people are willing to
set up an ARAnyM on their laptops and experiment?)

REMEMBER THAT THE KERNEL IS NOW HEAVILY MODULARISED AND USES
AN INITRD SO YOU MUST HAVE A REASONABLY UP-TO-DATE sid INSTALLED
(December 2012 ARAnyM base images are probably recent enough),
INSTALL INITRAMFS-TOOLS AND ADJUST YOUR BOOTLOADER CONFIG!

There are no transitional packages in place for the 2×6 old
package names. I think we shouldn’t bother the kernel people
with them either, our “community” is overlookable enough as-is.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<hecker> cool ein Ada Lovelace Google-Doodle. aber zum 197. Geburtstag? Hätten
die nicht noch 3 Jahre warten können? <mirabilos> bis dahin gibts google nicht