Re: Bootup and login performance (was Re: kullervo)

Wouter Verhelst dixit:

>The quick and dirty way: edit /etc/shadow, and replace the $6$-using
>password with a $1$-using one?

Sure…

tg@blau:~ $ encrypt -m root
$1$0XdPa4l/$DwPc0L9WReF7goIKixNyk1

So you can use that for root:root in the initial setup.

I could update the tarball (and, possibly, the ext2fs
image) if you think that is justified. Otherwise, I’d
put that into the readme?

bye,
//mirabilos
--
If Harry Potter gets a splitting headache in his scar
when he’s near Tom Riddle (aka Voldemort),