Re: Debian/Linux on Atari TT

Hi,

On perjantai 25 tammikuu 2013, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Eero Tamminen dixit:
> >Do you have any idea why EmuTOS (which is GPL v2) isn't packaged
> >for Debian?  That would be really nice as then Aranym & Hatari packages
> >could depend from it and work without user needing to download something
> >extra first.
>
> I’ve had ideas to work on that along with Emile, atari-bootstrap
> and mintlib once the MiNT patches are in unstable, which they now
> are. But I don’t know yet how well the cross compile part will
> work out…
>
> >If it's because EmuTOS didn't build with normal m68k toolchain,
> >I think next EmuTOS CVS snapshot will contain support also for
> >building it with ELF based (GCC) toolchains.

For more info, see:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=CANGPpf78LetYE3J_4aZ5uXK-%3DVhvf1Q6%2BUcmE5DsFuK3pnKK5w%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=emutos-
devel

http://emutos.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/emutos/emutos/Makefile?r1=1.256&r2=1.257
http://emutos.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/emutos/emutos/include/asmdefs.h?r1=1.5&r2=1.6
http://emutos.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/emutos/emutos/bios/startup.S?r1=1.84&r2=1.85

> That’ll still need a cross toolchain (which is usually not uploaded
> to Debian itself)

Now that Debian supports multilib, I think it would make a lot of
sense to have cross-compilers in Debian proper for all the slower
ports...

	- Eero