Re: gnat-gps_5.0-13_m68k FTBFS

Thorsten Glaser wrote:
gcc-4.6 -c -O0 -gnatafo -gnatVa -gnatn -I- -gnatA

/tmp/buildd/gnat-gps-5.0/src_editor/src/src_editor_buffer-line_information.adb
gcc-4.6: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault (program gnat1)

Maybe the compiler is really getting out of memory? How much RAM and
swap does this machine have?  You need several hundred megabytes.

Just running the gcc-4.6 line throws an error much earlier, namely,
that it cannot find the file, so all I can do to help debugging is,
to force CFLAGS and try debian/rules build-arch in the build chroot.

Try this (adapted from the buildd log of gnat-gps on arm):

gnatmake -R -c -j1 -v -k -a -m -Pdebian/build_gps.gpr \
-XADAFLAGS="-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4" \
          src_editor_buffer-line_information.adb

and monitor memory usage of "gnat1" under top.

Unfortunately, this means I’m unable to produce preprocessed output
or otherwise temporary files – unless that can be done via CFLAGS?

Ada is very proud not to have a preprocessor :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.