Re: My final word on the “restrict number of packages” issue

Dixi quod…

>> My kde-workspace build is at 80% so I’ll likely follow up
>> with another screenshot.

So, enjoy kde-plasma-desktop with kdepim (and I’m only about
three more source package builds, two of which have started,
removed from having kde-standard installable). (FSVO enjoy;
I personally am more fond of IceWM as seen in the previous
snapshot. But people seem to like “desktop environments”.)

The screenshot sits at https://herc.mirbsd.org/pub/kdepim68k.png
for a while, since lists.d.o doesn’t seem to like big attachments.
It’s unmodified from ksnapshot:m68k ☺

I disabled a few groupware folders since I ran kdepim against
our Univention Kolab at work, to ensure privacy. And I was too
lazy to reboot that box into the new Linux kernel which has
finished compiling in the meantime, but another box has:

root@moba:~ # uname -a
Linux moba.mirbsd.org 3.2.0-4-atari #1 Debian 3.2.35-1 m68k GNU/Linux

(It’s a cool idea to actually display the package version.)

Cc to the bug where I request inclusion of my patch into qt4-x11
which made all that possible after Andreas Schwab saved us again.

bye,
//mirabilos

PS: Most packages are arch:all anyway. We’re not going to fork
    Debian just so that dpkg eats less RAM. It’s fine right now.
--
I want one of these. They cost 720 € though… good they don’t have the HD hole,
which indicates 3½″ floppies with double capacity… still. A tad too much, atm.