Re: ARAnyM built packages, and helping buildds along

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:32:04AM +1000, fthain@telegraphics.com.au wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>
> > Dixi quod
> >
> > >Second, I'm in the process of trying to build either gcc-4.4
> >
> > Ugh, it needs newer binutils. I'm not going to do that, I leave that to
> > the experts.
>
> I think sid binutils is available. Stephen?

I'm slowly working on an etch-based sid chroot. I just synced my packages
out to [0]. binutils_2.20-6 is there. That was one of the easy ones. :-)

[0] http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/m68k/etch-sid
[1] deb http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/m68k/etch-sid/lenny ./
[2] deb http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/m68k/etch-sid/sid ./

I'm not inclined to upload these directly to sid, since they were built in
a seriously tainted chroot and I had to do some odd things to some of them.
That said, I think they're fine for bootstrapping other packages.

> I didn't need 4.3 in order to build a gcc 4.4 cross compiler. But there
> are plenty of deps for debian sid gcc and eglibc so native packages may be
> another story.

Seriously painful.

Peace,

Stephen