Re: Tests?

Finn Thain dixit:

>Are the debian-ports.org archives complete enough to debootstrap?

It won’t work: debootstrap cannot combine unstable+unreleased.
They are complete, their problem is usually that the arch:all
part is too new for that to finish.

These should usually work:

cowbuilder --create --mirror http://www.freewrt.org/~tg/debs68k/ --distribution sid --debootstrapopts --variant=buildd --debootstrapopts --include=wtf-debian-keyring,debian-ports-archive-keyring,eatmydata,fakeroot --debootstrapopts --keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/wtf-debian-keyring.gpg

- or (for sane values of /tgt) -

debootstrap --include=wtf-debian-keyring,debian-ports-archive-keyring,eatmydata,fakeroot --variant=buildd sid /tgt https://www.freewrt.org/~tg/debs68k/

Notes:
• you MUST have installed and booted into a TLS capable kernel first,
  http://www.freewrt.org/~tg/debs68k/dists/sid/main/PS-ok-unrel/linux-2.6/
  contains some that work for me (you need the linux-image-*.deb and its
  dependencies – usually linux-base*.deb from there or unstable plus
  module-init-tools (unversioned), libuuid-perl (unversioned), and
  either util-linux (>= 2.16-1) or udev (<< 146-1)
• cowbuilder uses SecureAPT; wtf-debian-keyring contains the key I use
  to sign this repository (0x405422DD, available also from the keyserver
  network, signed by 0xE99007E0 which is my DD key) and is referenced
  from the above commandline
• debootstrap can probably do the same but my sample invocation relies
  on https here (Startcom certificate, so YMMV…)
• wtf-debian-keyring “inside” may be needed to not cause it to fail
  when installing aptitude, etc. later automatically, at least at first
• debian-ports-archive-keyring “inside” is a must
• both eatmydata and fakeroot “outside” set LD_PRELOAD, hence the pre-
  loaded DLLs must exist “inside” as well, if you use them (speed hack)

Once debootstrapped, you can almost certainly use this
----- cutting here may damage your screen surface -----
# Debian/m68k binaries come from debian-ports or one of its mirrors.
deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unstable main
#deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian experimental main
deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main

# Debian/m68k unstable/experimental source comes from a normal debian mirror.
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian unstable main
#deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian experimental main

# Debian/m68k unreleased source comes from debian-ports mirrors.
deb-src http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main

# Debian-Ports incoming source is not password protected.
deb-src http://incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd unstable main
#deb-src http://incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd experimental main
----- cutting here may damage your screen surface -----
or some subset of it “inside”, the minimum would be
----- cutting here may damage your screen surface -----
deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unstable main
deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main
----- cutting here may damage your screen surface -----

Once done that – http://www.freewrt.org/~tg/debs68k/sources.txt also
contains my repo, but if you omit it here – you can purge “inside”
wtf-debian-keyring, as I’ve uploaded all packages.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt