Re: debian kernel m68k patches for 2.6.29

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 19:20, Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 03:07:57PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> >
>> > You can start with the ones on the for-next branch.
>> > I still have to cherry-pick the others to the (to be created) queue branch.
>> > I'll let you know when I'm finished.
>>
>> Now my git skills have been growing, I created two new branches:
>>   - m68k-v2.6.29
>>   - queue
>
> That pretty much rocks! Here's my process in case someone else wants
> it or wants to fix it. :)
>
> The only downside seems to be the 47 patch difference between m68k
> and the point release or whatever else happened on top of 2.6.29.
> Those pretty much all conflicted.

Yeah, that was my biggest fear. I'll refrain from merging any stable
revisions in the
future.

> I just pushed the patches for debian 2.6.29-4.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Kernel/Patches

A few comments:
  - If you cloned from linux-m68k.git, you don't have to do the `git
remote add',
    as `origin' is already the same remote.
  - You may want to put a `sort' in the `find ../bugfix/m68k/2.6.29
-print | sed -e 's;../;+ ;' | sed -e 's;$; m68k;' >> $series`
    pipeline.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds