Re: New amiga install - a few questions

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 02:28:41PM +0300, Emmanouel Vasilakis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am thinking of making a Debian install on my A3000/060, and I'd like
> to ask some questions.
>
> First, what about the partitions. Do they need to be in the first 4G of
> the disk? I would assume no, since the loader starts from AmigaOS. My
> plan is to provide a ~10G root partition and 1G swap at the end of my
> 120G disk (which I can partition fine from AmigaOS for all it's size).

I'll defer to an amiga expert. If there's a problem, let me know and
we'll document it at least. Note I believe that you do need to gunzip 2.6
kernels on amiga.

> Is there an updated doc somewhere regarding the installation process?

I'm not sure what you mean by updated. ;)

Everything of interest should be linked from [0]. You probably want to
read through that.

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/M68k

I generally recommend using the daily installer and installing
etch-m68k. Lenny isn't installable (yet). You never know how
installable sid is.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>