Parallel port on Aranym?

Hi folks,

I am trying to get the parallel port to work on an Aranym system
running a 2.4.27 kernel.   I would like to get some sort of link
between the VM and host.  Just for a test, I have set Aranym to write
to a tty:
[PARALLEL]
Type = file
File = /dev/pts/6
[LILO]
Kernel = /scratch/aranym/aranym-linux-kernel-2.4.27-12/vmlinux
Args = root=/dev/hda1 video=atafb:stahigh stram_swap=0 debug=par

...and Aranym will happily spew dmesg out onto my xterm.
However, I can't use the parallel device from userland:

# echo hello > /dev/par0
-bash: /dev/par0: no such device

I seem to remember that the Mac SCC serial driver was broken.  Is this
driver broken too?  Is there any kernel with a good one?

Thanks,
Steve Brown