Re: glibc progress?

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 06:06:09PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I recall having read on this list that someone's working on implementing
> TLS support for libc/m68k currently.

Yes, I did mention something of the sort.

> How's that progressing? Do you need help?

Honestly, I haven't done anything past looking at the current code. I
had to pack up everything when I moved over the summer and most of my
older stuff is still not unpacked. The one thing I did do was try to
get aranym running with some help from Finn Thain so I could use a
system that I do have setup to work on this. I got the emulator running
but I don't have Linux installed yet.

> The current situation for m68k (with us not being able to update past
> glibc 2.6, IIRC) is very likely to be a dead blow to the m68k port if
> that isn't fixed soon. I don't want to push that forward myself, so
> here's an offer for help, if help is needed :)

I know it's important, but I haven't had much time to work on it. If you
want to help out, it's greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what sort of
help you wanted to provide, but everything is still pending. Is there any
specific time frame that we need something working? I'm not sure of the
current schedule for lenny in terms of when the toolchain needs to be
ready and what version is expected to be used in the final release.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com