Re: More RAM - a bad trend for m68k debian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ingo Juergensmann" <ij@2006.bluespice.org>
To: "Christian Brandt" <brandtc@psi5.com>
Cc: <debian-68k@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: More RAM - a bad trend for m68k debian

Hmmm, even 128M is not that much anymore... :(

This is true, but I have a few systems with less RAM than that - two run Debian (486sx25 with 32 MB of RAM - it's a backup mail server, Kerberos server and tertiary IRC server for our local Linux club; and a Pentium 133 with 96 MB of RAM which is my network router and handles my OpenVPN tunnels), and one runs OpenBSD (VAXstation 4000/60 with 16 MB RAM). All three are useful despite the lack of huge amounts of memory. I don't expect that I should be able to run a really pretty Gnome or KDE system on my A500 with 9 MB of RAM and a 40 MHz 68030, but I should be able to do something useful with it on Debian.

Jim