Re: Kernel 2.6.12-1-amiga...

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Emiliano wrote:
> I've just tried it, it almost works and looks faster than 2.4.27... I had only
> a couple of issues.
>
> 1) it misses the virgefb driver: I had to connect the Microvitec monitor to

Virgefb hasn't been updated fro 2.6 yet.

> the Amiga rgb port (it seems to go out in VGA mode, and I honestly don't

Indeed, on AGA, you get VGA mode by default.

> remember how to force it back to PAL... some amiboot parameters I guess).

Add `video=pal' (or `pal-lace') to the Amiboot command line.

> 2) keyboard doesn't work, not even ctrl + alt + del to reboot. I could type
> "root" at the prompt, but then the "return" key didn't work. Alt + F2 worked
> after some time (?) but then pressing Alt again just printed bad character
> sequences...

Do you (or your init scripts) load your own keymap after boot up?
Is the keyboard OK if you boot in emergency mode (add `-b' to the Amiboot
command line)?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds