Re: help with NIC needed

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 10:57:59AM +0100, Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> Hi Christian,
> I very much second the idea of getting support for this card into
> testing or unstable as I saw many amiga users having it.
> What I can do is to test a patch - with the original 2.2 kernel I
> presume? (provided I can spin up my old cdrom drive to install woody first)
> thanks a lot

2.2 is the kernel used in woody. As I said, I don't expect to make it into
woody. We'd need another point release for that, and a new build of the
boot-floppies. My last m68k fixes never made it into an official release of
the boot-floppies, why should it change now? Of course I could build another
unofficial set, will take a couple of days CPU time together with new
kernel-images.

I'd much prefer patches for the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, which can actually make
it into sarge. 2.2.25 might still be in sarge, but there is no reason to use
it anymore, since 2.6 is at least as good and stable as 2.2.25 ever was:

buildd@aahz:~>uname -a
Linux aahz 2.6.8-amiga #1 Tue Oct 19 23:08:40 CEST 2004 m68k GNU/Linux
buildd@aahz:~>uptime
 11:48:30 up 94 days, 16:40,  5 users,  load average: 1.71, 1.24, 1.07

Christian