Re: Someone needs to work on d-i for m68k if you want it in sarge

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:40:24PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> >  the best way *you* could help is, really, to make
> > sure something more recent than 2.2 runs on macs as soon as reasonably
> > possible.
>
> I'm working on that one (based on kernel 2.6), but I could use some help.

Will d-i work with a 2.6 kernel? I remember some complaints in that
direction at one point, but I never heard if it was resolved.

> I just post ed a longer state-of-the-kernel-on-68k-Mac message to
> linux-m68k@lists.linux-m68k.org.

I'll see if I can get a cross-compiler going in OSX. I really only
have time on the train to work, and I can't bring myself to trust
Linux on a relatively new PowerBook at this point. I was looking at
the code in preparation for some fixes, but I'm pretty short on free
time these days. I certainly have enough old Macs laying around to
test most of the major hardware types. I think a 68k PowerBook is
the only big category missing from my collection.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com