Re: light weight desktop for browsing

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 21:50, Erik C.J. Laan wrote:
> Tony Pitman wrote:
> > I was wondering if this could be a similar problem to the Q700 2 drive
> > problem? While trying to install on a Q700 I had to add a line
> > (mac53c9x=1,0) to fix that problem. Is there something similar maybe
> > going on?
>
> I think you need that mac53c9x=1,0 argument on the kernel commandline
> until the SCSI reselect issues are fixed in the kernel. So on any 68040
> Mac with multiple SCSI drives (HD and/or CD) I would use it until
> further notice.

You know, the funny thing is, the mac_esp.c driver states the following:

/*
 * Function : mac_esp_setup(char *str)
 *
 * Purpose : booter command line initialization of the overrides array,
 *
 * Inputs : str - parameters, separated by commas.
 *
 * Currently unused in the new driver; need to add settable parameters to the
 * detect function.
 *
 */

I checked back, it seems to have stated this as far back as I can find
(2.2 kernels)...

And I indeed don't see setup_disconnect being referenced anywhere else
in the driver.

So how this can make a difference is beyond me...

Unless of course the Mac CVS tree has differences not submitted to the
main m68k CVS tree...

<some time later>

Indeed, it does. And indeed the Mac CVS version _does_ do something with
the setup_disconnect parameter. Not surprising it doesn't work too well
with 2.6 kernels then...

Kind regards,

Kars.