trouble debugging a bug

im wondering if anyone here can help me with bug #196563. the bug says
that xmllint is segfaulting. the reporter can reproduce the segfault.

i asked him for a backtrace, but gdb segfaulted. he was able to provide
strace output however. it seems that the bug manifests before the
programs main() ever gets called, which makes me think that there is
something wrong with glibc's startup code or maybe even the dynamic
linker.

i know that this is not a bug in xmlto, so i am wondering where to
reassign it. is this a bug in glibc? or maybe gcc?

thanks for the help.

--
gram