Re: Potato boot floppies on Mac getting "invalid compressed format"

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 11:15:29PM -0700, Eric Kurnie wrote:
> > After searching the archives I found someone else that encountered the same problem, but nobody followed up with a solution, so I thought I'd ask:
> >
> > I tried both the "macinstall.tgz" from ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-m68k/current/ and also the 'mac' directory from the same place. In both cases whenever I try running Penguin-18 with the "linux" kernel supplied I get the following message:
> >
> >      GUnzipping Root:install:mac:linux
> >      .
> >      invalid compressed format (err=2)
> >      Error:
> >      Unable to read exec header from kernel file (sread error)
> Hmm, when I try to boot my amiga with this kernel image, I get:
> Compressed image too large! Aborting.
>
> Is this equivalent to your error code?
>
> Seems we have a problem, Michael?
>
> I only wonder what all the mac people who tested the install did. Did you
> all use a different kernel image? Maybe somebody can build a working kernel

Nope.  I used bf-mac_2.2.11_m68k.tar.gz from

http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies/

and the given kernel worked fine (I did have to use a previous verion
of penguin, but that's another story...).  If you like, I can send you
all or part of the archive.

Best wishes,

cbb