Re: Qn re amiga linux install - Solution!

Hiya,

I managed to find a solution regarding my problem installing the resc1440.bin and drv1440.bin on the amiga. Thought I'd post it for anyone who might need it in the future...

> > >- then i sit at a blank install screen (all blue bar the Debian title and
> > >the <up><down> footer). And nothing happens. Nothing overly interesting in
> > >the logs on Virtual consoles 3 or 4 either... I left it there for about 15
> > >minutes with nothing happeni ng.

> > Try killing dinstall and see if it picks up the install where it left off.

> Better try waiting longer, much longer.

Okay, so here's how I got it to work;

- Booted up linux off the root.bin file in ram;
	amiboot -k vmlinux -r root.bin root=/dev/ram
- Was put into the normal dinstall screens, and remounted the swap and linux filesystem partitions
- ALT-F2'ed to the 2nd virtual console and started a shell
- copied the drv and resc bins to /target
- typed;
	mkdir /mnt/resc
	mkdir /mnt/drv
	losetup /dev/loop0 /target/resc1440.bin
	losetup /dev/loop1 /target/drv1440.bin
	mount -t msdos /dev/loop0 /mnt/resc
	mount -t msdos /dev/loop1 /mnt/drv
- after looking at the files in the rescue disk it appeared that it didnt really have anything that needed installing from what I already had going on my system (I had already installed the base2_0.tgz file). Let me know if i'm wrong, but I ignored this d

isk altogether.
- Now the important bit. For the drivers/modules, I just typed;
	cd /mnt/drv
	./install.sh /target
- Rebooted to make sure it actually worked
	amiboot -k vmlinux root=/dev/sda1

And it was able to list and load the modules. yay! It's probably not the nicest way to do things, as I suppose it installs all the modules, but hey it's better than any other solution I've found...

;-)
mark

--
Mark Dorset - VICNET