Re: [Debconf-discuss] Summit discussion on Thursday, 11:00am (18:00 UTC)

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:

> And IMHO we disclose too much information in schedule.

As an attendee and speaker I found that not enough information was
available about the schedule and set of non-approved talks. I had to
brute-force the talk ID space to decide if there would be enough
interesting events and read about them. I could not report schedule
conflicts between talks I needed to attend until the schedule had
already been announced. I couldn't easily find out who the speaker for
an event was.

In my opinion the too much information issue was in leaking the
registered attendee list to people loading the event registration
page. Also the default for attendees should be to be able to mark
their attendance but choose who sees it (admins, speakers, attendees
or general public), with admins (or maybe speakers) being the default.

The presented information was confusing in some instances; I had to
inform people that bold means it is the speaker or that you can login
to confirm that. I think it would be better to define a list of people
and their relationship with the event (speaker, facilitator, panel
member, other required, video team, likely to attend, might attend,
etc) and present those roles on the event page.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise