Re: Buying less than 100 % food in HD

also sprach Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2014-04-10 00:01 +0200]:
> Does that also mean we have to tell them how many vegetarian meals etc.
> we need that day?

Yes, I assuming that's what they mean when they say "exact numbers
1 week in advance". They do have a ±10% margin, so…

> Also, we might have some trouble coming up with final numbers four
> or even one week in advance unless we close registration early.

I think closing registration one or even four weeks prior to the
event is a reasonable thing to do.

If people decide to show up spontaneously, they simply cannot expect
to be fed. There are restaurants around though, and the bistro will
have convenience food.

> Assuming this will be a buffet, one possibilty (and I am not
> saying we should necessarily do this) would be to tell the hostel
> staff the numbers, so they prepare for so-and-so-many people.

The hostel will not let us do this. That's the whole point: they are
willing to refund us unused meals if we can prove that we are not
using them.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info