Re: My Pioneer DVR-218L i think is behaving like the "LG GH20NS10 might hang at the end of DVD-R[W] DAO recording..."

Julián M. <julian87@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I hope im writing to the right mailbox..
> I recently purchased a Pioneer DVR-218L SATA dvd recorder, to replace an old
> IDE Pioneer recorder.
> The unit works correctly when burning data, and it works correctly under
> Windows. But when i tried to burn a Video-DVD under Linux (K3B), it gave me
> an error in the very end of the recording process. I searched for
> information, and after a while, I found this:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cdwrite@other.debian.org/msg12340.html
>
> That thread describes my situation almost exactly, except I own a Pioneer,
> not LG drive.
>
> Here are a couple of debug logs of K3B when failing:
> http://pastebin.com/f416c99d2
> http://pastebin.com/f39fb7284
> http://pastebin.com/f14fcce74

You are using a defective fork from mkisofs that creates defective filesystems,
in special when using the -dvd-video option.

I recommend you to use a recent cdrtools from:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/

Note that your write problems may also go away in case you use cdrecord for
writing the medium.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)