Plextor PX716 SATA

I am haveing alot of issues with getting my new DVD burner to work i have a:

Plextor PX-716SA - SATA  It is MMC-4 compient
Adaptec 1205SA
kernel-2.6.10
dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8

The drive mounts/unmount and reads fine. But when it comes to burning.

I made a image, with "$mkisofs -dvd-video -o test.img ./dvd/" and ran the following command, (i have tried other commands they all do the same sort of thing.) The light in the drive blinks red for a moment then goes back to green.

[root@zippo01 /home/zippo/dvd]#growisofs -Z /dev/sr0=test.iso
Executing 'builtin_dd if=test.iso of=/dev/sr0 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/sr0: "Current Write Speed" is 8.2x1385KBps.
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 3521:19
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 6162:18
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 8803:17
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 12324:36
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 14965:35
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 17606:35
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 21127:54
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 23768:53
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 26409:52
     32768/1730830336 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 29931:11
And will go for hours...

Ctrl+C won't kill it nor will killall -9 growisofs

I dunno if it is a hardware thing, or a software thing or a kernel thing. Any help would be most thankful, If i find anymore info i will send another E-Mail.
Jason.