Re: DVD+, buffer underrun, write speed and verification issues

> If it's write-once, it needs a simulation mode, IMHO.

A while ago I would have unconditionally agreed. Now I ask whether an
erasable would do the same trick. It's also a question of media cost -
currently 4.7G media is cheap enough to not worry too much about a
coaster.

> On the other hand, growisofs never reports possible underrun conditions
> - at least according to my cursory examination of its code. Perhaps it
> should do so - especially if it is being used with DVD- media - even if
> for no other reason than that we can use this information to evaluate
> the tuning of our systems.

If the quality of DVD- media which was burnt with underruns is indeed
more questionable, then an indication of whether such a condition
occured would be handy. It probably boils down to the usual thing:
someone has to implement it...

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.