Re: dvd+rw-tools Write Error

Bikrant Neupane wrote:
On Sunday 17 October 2004 18:07, Rob Bogus wrote:

Bikrant Neupane wrote:

Hi,
I have been using dvd+rw-tool for writing data in dvds for more than 7-8
months without any problem. I am running Red Hat Linux 7.2 with 2.4.24.
I have no problem with HP dvd+rw 4.7GB (1x/2x) disc.
But I came into this problem with new Memorex DVD+RW 4.7 Gb discs.
I am using dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8 and Polaroid DVD Drive.

Are you at the latest firmware revision? And who actually makes this
drive? I assume Polaroid is just OEMing something else.

Well I haven't upgraded the firmware. It is working fine. I am having problem
only with new Memorex media.

If it doesn't support certain brands of media then I would think it isn't "working fine," and is a candidate for upgrade. If the firmware doesn't support the media (properly) it's sometimes better to upgrade than to shop for old media, particularly if the media in question works for other people.

Your choice, of course.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
  It seemed like a good idea at the time