NEW features of cdrtools-2.01a30:
Note that we are close before publishing release 2.01 final. Please test for
problems that might make the cdrtools unusable.
- Many typos in the READMEs fixed, thanks to a hint from Stefano Allrath
Libparanoia (Ported by Jörg Schilling, originated by Monty firstname.lastname@example.org):
Libedc (Optimized by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt email@example.com):
- Scan /dev/hda../dev/hdz instead of /dev/hda../dev/hdt for dev=ATAPI on Linux.
- Fix for a bug that caused cdrecord to be unable
to reload the media for some drives.
The fix helps with the following problem:
Trying to clear drive status.
cdrecord: Drive needs to reload the media to return to proper status.
cdrecord: Cannot load media with this drive!
cdrecord: Try to load media by hand.
cdrecord: Cannot load media.
- man page enhanced
- Print the "Make sure you are root" only if root privilleges are missing.
Cdda2wav (By Heiko Eißfeldt firstname.lastname@example.org):
Mkisofs (By Jörg Schilling and James Pearson email@example.com):
- Removed verbose output for Eltorito boot method when called with -quiet
- The Eltorito boot catalog and the Eltorito boot files are now by default
sorted to the beginning of the filesystem image as sime BIOS versions don't
boot from locations beyond 512 MB.
- read Joliet filenames with multi-session if no TRANS.TBL
or RR is present. I am looking for a volouteer for this task!
Note that this can never be 100% correct as there is no relation
between the names on the master (UNIX) filesystem, the ISO-9660
names and the Joliet names. Only the Rock Ridge names are
untranslated with respect to the original files on the
master (UNIX) filesystem.
- add libecc/edc for CDI and similar.
CYGWIN NT-4.0 NOTES:
To compile on Cygwin32, get Cygwin and install it.
For more information read README.win32
The files are located on:
NOTE: These tar archives are 100% POSIX compatible. GNU tar may get some
minor trouble. If you like a 100% POSIX compliant tar, get star from
WARNING: Do not use 'winzip' to extract the tar file!
Winzip cannot extract symbolic links correctly.
EMail:firstname.lastname@example.org (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
email@example.com (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1
firstname.lastname@example.org (work) chars I am J"org Schilling
URL: http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/usr/schilling ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily