Re: *nix flash utility for BTC DVD recorders

>From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>

>I tested it, and wasn't able to get it to compile with cdrtools-2.00.3
>due to the lack of a cdrecord/defaults.h file (the symlink in the
>btcflash directory points to ../cdrecord/defaults.h). I simply removed
>the #include "defaults.h" from skel.c, and it compiled.

cdrtools-2.00.3 is very old and outdated. The SSPM file is intended to be used
together with a recent cdrtools release.

>With the patch I posted earlier for the call to write_buffer(), the
>firmware flash works. However, it crashes with a Segmentation fault on
>exit (even if you tell it not to continue with the flash). It looks
>like there's some code in skel.c that's unneeded or unused; for
>example, the installation of the exit handler that tried to restore
>the old sector size. Since nothing tried to change the sector size,
>I assume that it's not necessary to restore it :). Also, is the
>installation of the SIGINT and SIGTERM handlers necessary?

Thank you for pointing me to the uninitialized variable caused by
removing too many lines from readcd.c ,-)

I just uploaded a new btcflash-1.6-sspm.tar.bz2 to

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling