Re: growisofs with ND-1300A problems: write failed: Input/output error

> I have tried to get my DVD burner to work under Linux.
> It is a NEC ND-1300A (reflashed with 1.0A firmware).
>
> Since I bought a package of Philips DVD+R media I have
> primarly tried to get growisofs to work.
>
> First test resulted in Input/output error very early:
>
> # growisofs -speed=2 -Z /dev/scd0 -dvd-video dvd
> Executing 'mkisofs -dvd-video dvd | builtin_dd of=/dev/scd0 obs=32k
> seek=0'
> :-[ LBA=10h, SENSE KEY=5h/ASC=21h/ASCQ=02h ]

Look for removable media automounting facility. Magicdev seem to be the
keyword in GNOME context and Autorun - in KDE. A.

P.S. Someone among subscribers of this list volunteered to collect
information and contribute better instructions:-)