Re: dvd+rw-tools disable DMA when burning a DVD-R

> growisofs -Z/dev/dvd=backup.iso
> When i burn on a dvd-r (verbatim media 2x), i've this on the kernel.log:
>
> Dec 16 22:37:48 darkland kernel: hdg: cdrom_decode_status: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ide&m=107149589816799&w=2

As far as I understand the patch is already approved (it appears in
bk-commits-head) and will appear in next kernel update. But in either
case next dvd+rw-tools update will abstain from reading the blank media
too.

> I want to know if i need to report this bug on the lkml if it's a kernel bug,
> or it's a dvdtools bugs. I think the bug occur, when reading the toc on an empty
> media.

No. The bug occurs when growisofs tries to access volume descriptor, not
when reading TOC. A.