Burnfree and CD speed

Please note this is a question, not a suggestion, request for feature, or
anything at the moment beyond curiousity.

If a burning program were burning from a network stream, and the hardware
supported burnfree, would it be possible to reduce the burn speed so that
there would be a single use of burnfree instead of one each time the data
ran out? So if I was burning with a 10Mbit link and started at 8x with a
big fifo (using cdrecord terms), if the data ran out, could the burner be
dropped to 4x the first time the burnfree was needed? Without generating a
coaster, obviously.

I'm thinking about avoiding restarts as much as possible if the network
gets busy or the server bogs.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> CTO, TMR Associates
this we should do freely and generously.