Re: dvd multi-session

Andy,

I know you are more then likely tired of this kind of question but I have
tried to use the following commands to get multi-session to work according
to the tutorial.

I can get good burns on DVD+RW media from my Sony on Red Hat 8.0 after doing
this:
Format using dvd+rw-tools (as the tutorial tells us.)
Then I do, growisofs -Z /dev/cdrom -R -J /myfirstfolder/mysecondfolder
Next I do  growisofs -M /dev/cdrom -R -J /mythirdfolder/myfourthfolder

However I get :-( mkisofs failed 255

So here is what I know to be right.

1.) I am able to make the first copy with the -Z and I am able to
continuously write to the DVD while I am recording from the same path: for
example:
growisofs -M /dev/cdrom -R -J /myfirstfolder/mysecondfolder/morestuff works
after doing growisofs -Z /dev/cdrom -R -J /myfirstfolder/mysecondfolder but
growisofs -M /dev/cdrom -R -J /mythirdfolder/myfourthfolder does not work
and I get a lot of errors on the rr_remove directory.

2.) On windows systems you have the opportunity to close a disc after you
have written as much data as you want. Is this possible using growisofs? The
reason I ask is that is we have some older DVD reader drives that can't see
the data on the disc while some that are 1 year to 1.5 years old can.

3.) I am strickly trying to take backup ZIP files, and our source code in
CVS and record it to DVD. Our database backups are 525 MB each and are
stored in zip format. Is there plans to make growisofs span multiple discs?

Thanks for your time and effort working on growisofs and answering our
questions.

Mickey Kamer

---