growisofs tool and subdirectories

Hi folks:

Has anyone discovered a way to use growisofs to preserve directory trees? I want to use it for data backup but the only way I've seen to preserve the directory structure is to compile an iso image on the hard drive first. I've tried to use mkisofs to do the same thing, but the only reliable way I've found is to build the image with xcdroast.

I'm trying to script the backup so I can run it from cron. I hope someone has ventured into this territory before me.

Thanks,
--

Tom

Thomas S. Fortner
Burleson, Texas
thomas.fortner@sbcglobal.net
"but we preach Christ crucified..."  1 Corinthians 1:23