Re: speed option in growisofs

> I wanted to write a dvd at lower speed than 4x. Im using a LG GSA-4040B
> and Yakumo DVD+R. I've tried
> growisofs -speed=1 ....
> but the speed option seems to be ignored

Manual page explicitly mentions that -speed option is for controlling
DVD-R[W] recording velocity. This means that it indeed is ignored in
DVD+ context. I don't know if the following statement holds
*universally* true, but at least all unit's I've worked with so far
couldn't control the DVD+ recording speed. This is the original reason
why the -speed is ignored. At least for the time being [as nobody says
it can't change].

> and the discs are still written
> at 4x speed (the problem is that some people can't read my dvds!)

I'd put recording velocity *last* in the "possible culprits" list. Have
you followed instructions in "Compatibility: caveat lector" paragraph on
dvd+rw-tools page. No, manipulating "booktype" is not an option with LG
units, but lead-out issues apply to all units and even all media, i.e.
both - and +. A.