Re: DVD recording adventures..

> >The NEC1300 burner is not capable of burning DVD+ at 4x, only 2.4x.

Not true. NEC-1[13]00 units are perfectly capable of burning 4xDVD+R
media at 4x.

> anyone using a NEC1300 successfully here?

I have re-badged NEC-1100 and have reports from people successfully
using NEC-1300, mostly for DVD+ recording though. Your report of such
miserable failure with DVD+R is actually first [which makes me lean
toward opinion that your unit is simply defective].

> >".. and then NEC told me it was not their responsibility to make sure the
> >burner works with all the media media-makers come up with all the time..."

Well, they might not have to... At least the idea behind latest
depelopments was to pre-record some laser calibration data on blanks, so
that firmware can use it instead of MediaID table...