growisofs & cron: dirty workaround

A few days ago I had problems with growisofs an cron.
growisofs does not work in scripts stared by cron when using it with
"-Z" option.
Even restoring any possible parts of environment does not help.

So I tried to see what happens if I feed growisofs stdin with /dev/null
like cron does:

growisofs -Z /dev/scd0 -r -J <burndir> < /dev/null

growisofs does not write any data to disk, but replys:
FATAL: /dev/sdc0 already carries isofs.
Same message as if it is started by cron...

Simple solution: feeding growisofs with an existing bidirectional
terminal:
growisofs -Z /dev/scd0 -r -J <burndir> < /dev/tty1
.. works!

So the workaround is to get growisofs's stdin from a non-existing
bidirectional terminal:
/dev/tty13 on my machine.

growisofs -Z /dev/scd0 -r -J <burndir> < /dev/tty13
.. works in every script.

Problem solved, but dirty trick.
Seems to me that this ist not necessary ...

CU
k-hm