Re: Authorizing minor expenses by DSA without prior DPL approval

On 12/09/13 at 14:10 +0200, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> Is there any budget for the DSA team (or hardware replacement budget)?
> Would probably save the need for approval each time.

Not really. There's a multi-year plan for hardware replacement, that was
discussed in [1] and [2].

I agree that a DSA budget, as well as, generally, a yearly budget for
Debian, would be a worthwhile goal. My problem as the DPL is that it's
extremely hard to get an overview of Debian's situation, and thus to
decide on what we could afford.

Actually, "periodically publish reports about changes in assets and
resources[...]" is part of the auditors' role as described in the
initial delegation[3]. Unfortunately, it turned out to be much harder to
do than it initially looked.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/04/msg00006.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2012/04/msg00074.html
[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/04/msg00017.html