Multiple canvases

Ciao everybody!

I'm trying to add some graphics features to a C++ program for scientific calculation that I wrote some time ago. I chose V because it seemed easy to learn and portable.
So far, I've been able to use the vTextCanvasPane to display the numerical results, and the vCanvasPane to plot the graphics. The problem is that I'm not able to put the 2 different canvases in the same application; I watched all the example code provided with the package, but all of them use only one kind of canvas per application.
What I would like to do is quite simple: when you press a button, some text is displayed in the text canvas, and at the same time some lines are displayed in the vcanvas.

Does anyone know of an example application that behave like this, or similar?

Ciao, Marvin