Updating the DebConf Committee Delegation

Dear Developers:

I'd once again like to thank Jonathan Carter  and Lucas Nussbaum  for
their service on the DebConf committee.
As a reminder we've looking for a couple of new members since that
resignation.
While I was discussing the delegation with the committee, I learned that
Didier Raboud is spending less time on DebConf than in the  past.  He was
happy to continue to serve, but was also happy to move on.
We ended up getting an amazing group of volunteers willing to serve, so
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Didier for his service and
appoint three new people.

I also took the opportunity to fix one grammar error.
The previous delegation can be found at
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/1539102695.494466.1536122624.220EF67C@webmail.messagingengine.com

I did consult the delegation-advisory group on this delegation; my
understanding is there are no outstanding issues they have raised.

DebConf Committee
=================

I hereby appoint the following developers as members of the DebConf
Committee:

- Daniel Lange <dlange>
- Stefano Rivera <stefanor>
- Antonio Terceiro <terceiro>
- Gunnar Wolf <gwolf>
- Bernelle Verster

The delegation is not time-limited. It will be effective until further
changes by present or future DPLs.

Task Description
================

1) Bid Process

The DebConf Committee serves as an institutional memory of DebConf.
As such, it is in the best position to review proposals. More
specifically, the DebConf Committee is responsible for the following
tasks:

- make final decisions about who will organize DebConf;

- define a set of goals to fulfill to ensure a successful DebConf;

- appoint at least one DebConf team member that will mentor the
  newly selected bid team until DebConf is held.

In order to reach a final decision in the bid process, the DebConf
Committee is highly invited to take input from the wider Debian
community.

In the absence of mentors, DebConf Committee members are expected to
help selected teams to reach their goals.

2) Mentorship of DebConf teams

The appointed mentors are expected to:

- help the team in establishing appropriate structures and decision
  mechanisms;

- advise the team and share their experience of DebConf organization;

- monitor the progress of DebConf organization and ensure that the
  defined team structure and decision-making processes remain
  functional and sufficiently efficient to ensure a successful
  DebConf.

3) Decision-making process

As last resort, the DebConf Committee can override specific decisions
in the context of DebConf organization. The Committee should not take
any decision until efforts to resolve it via consensus have been tried
and failed.

This special power should be left for extreme cases, e.g. when a
decision taken by the DebConf organizers is perceived by the DebConf
Committee as creating serious risks for the organization of DebConf or
for Debian.

Votes by members of the committee to appoint a mentor or to override
specific decisions of DebConf teams are made public. In order to avoid
dead-lock situations, the DebConf Committee appoints a Chair. The
latter has a casting vote.

Thanks,

--Sam