Re: Structured replies in nbd-server

Hi Eric,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2023 at 03:19:13PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 07:20:16PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've finally been working on structured replies in nbd-server (what?
> > it's only been 7 years), and today I managed to make it go through
> > nbdkit's "nbddump" without crashing. (yay!)
>
> 'nbddump' comes from the libnbd project (client side), not nbdkit
> (server side).  But the two are closely related ;) And I'm glad to see
> that it helped you!
>

> > I'm currently not (yet) implementing any other features that depend on
> > structured replies, but would like to see if people can poke holes in
> > what I've done so far -- I'd like to find bugs before release, rather
> > than after ;-)
> >
> > The code is in the "structured" branch of
> > https://github.com/NetworkBlockDevice/nbd and feedback is more than
> > welcome.
>
> Since you didn't post the code to the list, I've likewise only left my
> review comments on the patches on github.  If we want to copy the
> discussion to the list, I can do that too.

Well, I mostly expected people to try it out, but yeah, I suppose I
should have sent it to the list :-)

v2 will be sent here.

Thanks for the feedback, you caught a few things that I didn't think of.

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.