Re: One new nbd-runner project to support the Gluster/Ceph/Azure, etc

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply; I recently moved continents, and am still
getting used to my new life...

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 09:01:30PM +0800, Xiubo Li wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> The NBD is one great project :-)
>
> Currently there are many Distributed Storages projects such as the Gluster and
> Ceph are widely use, but they couldn't support NBD directly. For example, for
> the Gluster, if we want to export the volume file as one NBD block device we
> must mount the volume first and then use the nbd utils to export it again,
> which a little ugly.
>
> To make it more efficient, we also need one common and generic utils, something
> like [1], to support them directly. And good news is that I have a working code
> with most basic things @nbd-runner project[2]. It is hosted under the gluster/
> currently and I'd like to request a repository under [3] to host this.

I'm not necessarily opposed to this, but it would be nice to understand
how your nbd-runner works, and is different from, say, nbdkit? It seems
to me that they have similar goals.

I might be wrong though ;-)

> Now the Gluster handler coding is done,  the Ceph and Azure is in progress now.

Cool.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard