3.17 released

Hi folks,

I finally sat down to finish up the work that I had to do for nbd 3.17, and
released it.

Major new feature is that nbd-client now uses the netlink interface
rather than the ioctl() one to configure the kernel, but there are a few
other minor changes, too.

The netlink interface requires libnl-genl to function; if that is not
available, nbd-client will switch off the support for the netlink
interface. Also, when you run on a kernel older than 4.12 (where the
netlink interface does not exist), may use the new -L command-line
parameter to switch off use of the netlink interface.

Get it at the usual place.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab