[Nbd] [PATCH] Swap options and option name
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [Nbd] [PATCH] Swap options and option name
- From: Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>
- Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 14:46:37 +0200
- Message-id: <20170414124637.lloiojthqzpiilty@...3...>
When trying to reply to a client with certain information, it's useful
if we don't need to read the whole reply but can handle it by reading
one option, handling it, reading the next one, etc etc. This requires
that the server is told which export to deal with before getting the
option names, however.
As specified, that isn't the case, so this would require the server to
read in the whole request before it can start processing it.
Swap options around to make handling the INFO/GO messages easier to do.
Signed-off-by: Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>
doc/proto.md | 4 ++--
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/doc/proto.md b/doc/proto.md
index 92df086..8712626 100644
@@ -919,11 +919,11 @@ of the newstyle negotiation.
Data (both commands):
- - 16 bits, number of information requests
- - 16 bits x n - list of `NBD_INFO` information requests
- 32 bits, length of name (unsigned); MUST be no larger than the
option data length - 6
- String: name of the export
+ - 16 bits, number of information requests
+ - 16 bits x n - list of `NBD_INFO` information requests
The client MAY list one or more items of specific information it
is seeking in the list of information requests, or it MAY specify