Re: [Nbd] NBD 3.11 crashes after negotiation

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:07:44PM -0500, Stephen Powers wrote:
> Thanks Wouter! What version of NBD would you consider to be the most stable?
> The latest release?

Yes; 3.15.2 now.

> We are trying to upgrade from a really old version that we
> have had issues with. I just kind of went off most downloads from the
> Sourceforge project page (https://sourceforge.net/projects/nbd/files/nbd/) and
> it looked to be 3.11 which also had a CVE fixed in it. Would you say the latest
> version? I'd like to keep the oldstyle negotiation if possible

I'm afraid that isn't supported anymore. Oldstyle was dropped after 5
years of being deprecated.

> so we don't have to change many scripts that have been in place for a
> very long time but if we need to I will rewrite them.

Well, the command line syntax for oldstyle will work with the most
recent version of nbd, except it now uses newstyle with default export
(i.e., the empty name). If you don't care about the on-the-wire format,
your scripts *should* continue to work (although I make no guarantees in
that area).

Regards,

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,